Looking for recipes that will cover all aspects of your family’s meal? Look no further! Pork rib stew, Watercress chicken soup, and much more, our 3 Dish and 1 Soup series (????) series aims to surprise with a tantalizing combo!
Give it a try and share your passion for cooking with your loved ones.
Fu Chok Pork Ribs Stew – ?????
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 yellow onion (sliced)
2 slices of ginger (sliced finely)
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Minced Garlic
600g soft bone pork ribs
60ml Shaoxing wine
4 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chu Hou Paste
½ tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
½ tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
A dash of white pepper
1 star anise
6 pieces of dried mushrooms (pre-soak with 3 cups of water)
5 stalks of Scallions (cut and separate out the white and green portion respectively)
50g of fu chok a.k.a. dried bean curd sheet
- Soak the fu chok in water for 10 mins, squeeze out excess water, drain and set aside.
- In the heavy pot, with a generous amount of oil, sauté the onions until translucent, adding minced garlic and ginger till fragrant.
- Add pork ribs and sauté till all sides are brown. Add in Shaoxing wine/ rice wine, chu hou sauce, soya sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and pepper. Add in star anise and cloves. Give it a give mix.
- Add in mushrooms and water (3 cups combination of mushrooms water) and bring to boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover pot. Let it simmer over low heat for 35mins. Stir occasionally to prevent burn on the bottom of the pot.
- Toss in the fu chok and white portions of the scallions. Mix well and make sure that the ingredients are generously covered with the braising sauce. Cover pot and cook further for another 10 mins over low heat. Stirring it occasionally.
- Remove the cover. Turn up the heat and bring it to a slow boil to reduce the sauce to a thicker consistency. Toss in the green portions of the scallions and give it a good mix.
Watercress Chicken Soup – ?????
1 packet of Lee Kum Kee Soup Base for Chicken Hot Pot
400g chicken leg
1 carrot (cut into wedges)
2 pcs honey dates
8 pcs of red dates
5 dried oysters
1 tbsp of north & south almonds
1.5 litres of water
- Wash, drain and pat dry chicken thigh, transfer to the stock pot.
- Combine all other ingredients except for the watercress into the pot.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Toss in the watercress and simmer for another 15mins.
- Serve hot.
Stir Fried Mixed Veg with Hoisin Sauce – ?????
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Minced Garlic
100g baby corn (cut into halves)
1 carrot (sliced)
4 dried mushrooms (pre-soaked & sliced, reserve the mushrooms water for later use)
8 pcs of water chestnuts (remove skin)
150g sweet beans
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- Sauté garlic till fragrant. Add in all ingredients and sauté. Mix well.
- Pour in mushrooms water and continue to stir fry and simmer over low heat.
- Add in hoisin sauce and salt to taste.
- Drizzle in Shaoxing wine.
- Dish up and serve hot!
Hong Kong Style Steam Fish – ????
1 whole fish of your choice (approx. 500g) (grouper/sea bass/red snapper/soon hock/white pomfret/ threadfin)
4 stalks of scallions
20g ginger (sliced thinly)
2 tbsp of Shaoxing wine/ rice wine
2 tbsp Cooking oil
2 tbsp of garlic (minced)
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Soy Sauce For Seafood
1½ tsp sugar
- Clean, wash and pat dry fish, set aside
- Prepare the steamer with water for steaming the fish.
- On a steaming plate, lay some slices of ginger and scallions on the plate, lay fish on top. Tuck some more ginger slices and scallions in the stomach of the fish. Drizzle the rice wine on the fish.
- Once the steamer is ready, transfer the plate to the steamer and steam the fish for approx. 9 to 10 mins (depending on the size of your fish.)
- Carefully drain the fishy water out from the plate. Remove all ginger slices and scallions from the fish.
- In a small sauce pot, with some oil, sauté minced garlic till slightly brown and fragrant, drizzle the hot oil over the fish immediately.
- In the same sauce pot, combine Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Soy Sauce For Seafood and sugar, mix well and bring it to a boil. Drizzle immediately over the fish.
- Garnish with scallions and chilli strands.