Need a quick yet fancy Christmas dinner? This modern twist will keep you wishing Christmas was forever. Scrumptious and easily made, this 5 course meal takes 3-4 hours and it’ll be the talk of your Christmas!
Deck your tables with:
- Christmas Roast Beef
- Lemon & Dill Baked Whole Fish
- Cheesy Potato Gratin
- Roasted Seasonal Vegetables
- Fresh Oysters
Barely a week to Christmas, we’re excited for all the food, drinks and merrymaking. From all of us at Meatmen, we hope our recipe videos inspire you this Christmas to eat well and be well.
Happy Holidays! 🎄
Christmas Roast Beef
- 1. 3 kg of Australia Ribeye steak (or any cuts of your choice)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp rice syrup
Sauce for the beef:
- 80g salted butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups of chicken or beef broth
- ¼ cup of black peppercorn
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven 200°C
- Trim off all veins on the meat. Make a few scores on the meat.
- Combine dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard & rice syrup, mix well.
- Coat mustard mixture over beef. Season with salt.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes on each side. Turning it after 25 minutes.
- Once done, transfer beef to the cooling rack and let it rest for 20 minutes covering it with aluminium foil.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add plain flour in the pan and give it a quick stir.
- Add in chicken/beef broth and peppercorn and bring it to soft boil.
- Add in heavy cream & a little more black pepper, stir and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a pitcher pairing it with roasted beef during serving.
Lemon & Dill Baked Whole Fish
- 1 large Sea Bass/barramundi/snapper (500g)
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 whole lemons (sliced)
- 4 sprigs of dill
- 40g butter (sliced)
- Salt salt flakes and black pepper
- Clean and scale 1 whole fish.
- Stuff the underbelly of fish with lemon slices, red onion, butter, dill, salt and pepper.
- Season outside of fish with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking tray.
- Bake in an 180°C oven for 20 minutes depending on the size of your fish.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- 1.5kg potatoes (evenly sliced)
- 250ml milk
- 250ml heavy cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic (grated)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Butter inside of an ovenproof dish.
- Slice potatoes thinly and evenly and lay it in the oven proof dish evenly spread out.
- In a saucepan, add milk, cream, bay leaves and garlic. Mix well and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Pour cream mixture over potatoes and add grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese over.
- Cover with a foil and cook for 45 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from over and remove foil. Grated more parmesan cheese and pop it back into the oven for another 10 minutes until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- 5 medium Carrots
- 2 whole Zucchini
- 4 mini capsicums
- ½ butternut squash pumpkin
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- Cut all vegetables into bite sizes and rinse, wash and drain dry.
- Lay them on a baking tray evenly.
- Season with salt & slight pepper.
- Sprinkle rosemary on vegetables.
- Give all vegetables a good mix.
- Roast into the oven at roast for 25-30 minutes.