This is for the MEAT lovers. Char Siew can really be legendary when done well, but the best part of it is that cooking it is REALLY simple too!
(No we’re not talking about using bottled sauces nahhh)
Us MeatMen wanted to do a dish that went well with our beer-guzzling ways, so we set out to make this happen… but what happened is that we had to redo this for THREE times cuz we ate it all up before shooting it. Oops. Yes it’s that’s awesome when you marinate it with the sauces and glaze it with honey.. YUM.
So let’s stop the talking and start the drinking, and bring the beer!
- 2kg of pork shoulder
- 2 tbps of five spice powder
- 2 tbsp of white pepper
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp taucheo (beanpaste)
- 2 tbsp chinese rice wine
- 8 tbsp of honey
1. Cut 2kg of pork shoulder
2. Add the five spice powder, white pepper, sugar, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, taucheo (beanpaste, chinese rice wine, honey and mix them up even with your hands.
3. Cover and let it marinate in the fridge overnight
4. On the next day, lay out the meat on an oven wire rack
5. Roast them in 2 batches, for 15 mins in an 180 degrees celsius oven
6. When done brush marinate sauce on meat
7. Then back in the oven again for another 15 minutes
8. Once done, drool!
The MeatMen http://themeatmen.sg/