3 Dish and 1 Soup Episode 5
As many say, variety is the spice of life, and that is so very true. In this episode of our 3 Dish and 1 Soup series (三菜一汤) series, we have a good combination of hami melon soup, sweet and sour pork, tomato garlic prawns, and stir fried French beans to complete this tummy filling meal. Try out this recipe and share your passion to cook with your loved ones!
Hami Melon Soup – 哈密瓜汤
- 500g of hami melon (cut into big cubes)
- 450g lean pork
- 1 piece dried orange peel
- 50g lily bulb (pre-soak)
- 1.5ml water
- 1 packet of Lee Kum Kee Soup Base For Chicken Hot Pot
- Wash pork, drain & set aside .
- Blanch pork in boiling, scope pork up, wash and set aside.
- In a deep pot, combine all prepared ingredients in the pot.
- Pour in 1.5 litres of water & 1 packet of Lee Kum Kee Soup Base For Chicken Hot Pot.
- Boil on high for 10 mins and switch to low heat for 30mins.
- Serve hot.
Sweet and Sour Pork- 咕老肉
- 500g pork shoulder (cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 packet of Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Sweet and Sour Pork/Pork ribs
- 2 tbsp Buttermilk
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut into cubes)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into cubes)
- 135g Pineapples (cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp of cornflour
- 8 tbsp of potato starch
- 1 tsp of salt
- Wash pork, drain & dry, set aside
- Massage the pork by combining buttermilk, egg white , salt, cornstarch & 1 tbsp of oil, mix well and let it sit for 20 minutes. (for better & more tender texture, let it sit and marinate for half a day or one day.)
- Coat pork individually with flour mixture, dust out excess flour and set aside.
- In a wok, heat up oil, deep fry the pork till golden brown, dish up and set aside.
- Drain away excess oil and leave a little oil for stir frying.
- In the same wok, toss in red pepper, green pepper, pineapple, give it a quick mix.
- Add in Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Sweet and Sour Pork/Pork ribs mix well.
- Mix in fried pork, mix till well combined.
- Pour in Shaoxing wine. Quick stir.
- Dish up & serve hot.
Dry Fried Tomato Garlic Prawns- 干炸番茄蒜虾
- 10 Medium Size Prawns (deveined & legs trimmed)
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Minced Garlic
- ½ tbsp Lee Kum Kee Minced Ginger
- 1 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 packet of Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Tomato Garlic Prawns
- Scallions for garnishing
- Rinse prawns, devein and legs trimmed, set aside.
- With a good amount of oil, shallow fry all prawns till cooked, dish up and set aside.
- Using the same wok, with remaining oil, sauté chopped garlic and ginger till fragrant.
- Pour in 1 packet of Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Tomato Garlic Prawns, stir and mix till it simmers.
- Toss in tomato wedges & prawns. Mix well
- Mix in the rice wine
- Dish up and garnish with scallions.
Stir Fried French Bean with Abalone sauce – 鲍鱼酱炒扁豆
- 250g French beans, Sliced in diagonal shape
- 20g of dried shrimp (pre-soak)
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- ½ tbsp of sliced chilli padis
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Abalone Sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- Pre-soak the dried shrimps. Drain and squeeze out excess water from dried shrimps.
- Wok on, sauté garlic & dried shrimps till fragrant & crispy.
- Toss in the French beans and continue to stir fry till cooked.
- Mix in Lee Kum Kee Abalone Sauce and stir to mix well.
- Drizzle rice wine at the circumference of the French beans and continue to mix till well combined.
- Dish up and serve hot.