Tweet tweet! Japanese styled Yakitori is the perfect stuff to go with your sake, and great food to have on the go, any time of the day. And we mean any time of the day, since there is no complex ingredients needed in order to make these babies.
The secret to superb yakitori lies in the versatile sauce that is home-made. This is both EASY to make and totally YUMS to have. This special sauce in hand and mouthfuls of smokin’ grilled chicken will make it an instant hit with people you serve them to!
One important thing to take note is to brush the sauce on each side every 45 seconds while grilling, such that the taste will have more impact.
That said, enjoy the cookin’!
- 6 bone-in chicken legs
- 1 cups mirin
- 1 cups soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sake
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 8 thin slices of ginger
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Remove bones from thighs and set aside
- Cut chicken into 1” pcs
- Soak bamboo skewers in water
- Place the bones in a pot, and add soy sauce, mirin, sake, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, and black pepper. Cook until sauce thickens.
- Thread 6 pcs of chicken per skewer
- Strain yakitori sauce and let it cool
- Build a charcoal grill and place skewers over.
- Grill for about 3 mins on each side
- Turn and brush with sauce every 45 seconds for next 3 mins
- Dip in sauce before serving.